Tel.: 030 2759 59-80
Fax: 030 2759 59-88
|29.04.2021||09:00 Uhr – 13:00 Uhr|
This workshop is designed to provide tax professionals with the necessary technical and business English skills for work in their field. We will focus primarily on topics relevant to international tax law and cross border issues.
Improving one’s business and technical English skills is essential for advising foreign clients, collaborating with non-German colleagues, and staying apprised of international or global developments through English journals (articles) – or contributing to English journals.
Participants will be taken through the necessary terminology and nuance to handle client meetings in English. The basics of double taxation treaties in English will then be explained and discussed. We will cover the basics of EU tax law as well as the OECD’s BEPS project and discuss implementation and practical relevance in Germany. Finally we will practice discussing key aspects of transfer pricing.
* Elaine is originally from New York State. In addition to being a native English speaker, Elaine is fluent in both Spanish and German. She has studied economics and business and has practical work experience in the fields of international tax law and transfer pricing.
General Engagement Terms / Client Meetings
● Key excerpts from general
● General points covered in first client
● Nuances and pleasantries
The Basics of Double Taxation Treaties
● Double Taxation
● Methods for elimination of double
● Special provisions
EU Tax Law
● Intro to general EU law
● The Parent-Subsidiary Directive and
the Interest and Royalties Directive
● CCCTB proposals and proposals on
the taxation of the digital economy
The OECD’s BEPS Project
● Intro to BEPS
● The BEPS issues – 15 action points
● The Arm’s Length Principle
● Managing the status quo